can I change the label of memory stick in a camera

H.S. hs.samix at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 17:28:06 UTC 2008

Hello,

At present, in Ubuntu Hardy, if I connect a Sony Cybershot camera via
the USB cable, the camera is listed as "1.0 G Media" removable drive in
Places.

Can that label be changed to something more intuitive? For example "1.0
GB Memory Stick".

I think it can be done if a card reader is used. But the camera in
question and the computer do not have a card reader around.

Thanks.

ever having been read.