dial up setup was "How do I dial using external modem"

Pete Clapham peteclapham at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 20 04:01:37 UTC 2008

Thank you.  This seems closer to a solution than anything else I've run into.

However, I don't think the "pon" is finding my modem.  Is there a way to ping a modem
or otherwise to ascertain where it is connected?  Again, the computer is an eeePC, and
the modem is an external USB modem.

Thanks.

cheers,
pete