Internet Connection Problem

Chaman Singh Verma csv610 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 02:47:22 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am using Broadband services at home and using Ubuntu on my desktop. Many
times, I am unable
to get internet working and many times if I do " sudo pppoeconf" and then
"sudo pon dsl-provider" then
the connection starts, and sometimes, I have to unplug the connection, go to
Window Vista, start the
connection  there and then replug the wire to Ubuntu machine to get the
connection.  Internet
service providers say that their services have no problems, must be the
problems with your machine.
They are also correct, because Intenet always works on Window Vista 24/7.

What should I do to get the same reliability on Ubuntu ?

csv