regarding network manager

Richard Mancusi vrman49 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 18:29:14 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 11:50, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Found that and installed on Intrepid (I have NM uninstalled and wicd
> installed instead). I'll be... the old _familiar_
> System|Administration|Network GUI is actually there! I've not tried it
> yet (beyond opening the GUI after password), Later today I'll unload
> wicd and give it a spin just to test. Good find/catch!

NoOp -

Thank you for testing.  If you have time, it would be nice to know if
both Static wired and wireless work.  I didn't have a problem with
the old NM  _IF_  I used DHCP on a wireless enabled computer OR
if I used Static on a non-wireless enabled computer.

Which is why I followed your advise and installed wicd on my wireless
computers.

tnx
-rich