playing mp3 in kununtu

squareyes squareyes at internode.on.net
Thu Dec 18 00:24:04 UTC 2008

Vipin Rathor wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam
>

> I have a little problem with playing mp3 in kubuntu whenever I tried
> to play any file it demands the libxine1-ffmpeg file.
>
> So I download that file into a pendrive than I was trying to install
> that with the sudo command that shows like there
>
> Is no such type of file what should I do.
>

> Regards
>
> Vipin Rathor

Hi Vipin,
go to "System"  > "Administration" >  "Synaptic Package Manager"
Click it, enter password when prompted and in the "Search" box type in
libxine1-ffmpeg
and press  Search . Click the file and Install it from here.

You do have your Sources list updated?  Do that in Synaptic too if you
don't.
Hope this helps.
Take Care
Winton