O.O. Writer -attempt to get rid of ' automatically inserted' blank pages.

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 20:20:16 UTC 2008

With respect to your input, Noop:

> Does this work for you?
>
> File|Export as PDF|General| untick "Export automatically inserted blank
> pages".

Before checking this, I need to verify whether I understand you
properly. Are you pointing at a possibility to untick an option
"Export automatically inserted blank pages" at the 'General' tab of
the submenu 'Export as PDF', in the menu 'File'?
However it may be - this approach might be very useful for me. This
Saturday is my first possibility to check it.

>The option to not print blank pages should have done what you ask for.
When printing inside OO Writer only, you are absolutely right. But
when exporting to e.g. PDF, it  does not work any more, when printing
from PDF. Often I export to PDF OO documents.

> However, there is, as far as I can tell, no automatic blank page between
> First Page and Default. (Unless you are also inserting a page break with
> a manually specified page number.)
That phrase between brackets may be the key :-) I always manually
specify a new page number between the front page and the second
one....... However it may be, I will experiment with it coming
Saturday - the next occasion to work with my computer.

>Note, I'm testing with OO version 2.3  There might be changes in this
>behaviour in version 3 that I'm not aware of.

As far as I can see now, there are not yet differences in this respect.

For both of you: thanks for your input so far. I will get back to you
next Saturday.

Respectfully Yours,

Bas.

--