O.O. Writer -attempt to get rid of ' automatically inserted' blank pages.

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Wed Dec 17 19:58:41 UTC 2008

Bas Roufs wrote:
> Dear Everybody
>
> OpenOffice Writer automatically inserts a blank page at the border between
> the 'First Page'  page style and the 'Default' page style. So far, I
> only discovered an option NOT to print this blank page: TOOLS >
> OPTIONS > OpenOffice Writer>print > untick box 'Print automatically
> inserted blank pages'. However, this option does not work when I
> export the document to PDF or any other format. That's why I am looking for some
> option to prevent such blank pages from being inserted in the
> document. In other words: is there any way to OPT OUT the
> 'automatically inserted blank pages', or simply to get rid of them?
> I would really appreciate any possible answer that may contribute to
> the solution of this problem.
>
> Respectfully Yours,

The option to not print blank pages should have done what you ask for.
However, there is, as far as I can tell, no automatic blank page between
First Page and Default. (Unless you are also inserting a page break with
a manually specified page number.)

Note, I'm testing with OO version 2.3  There might be changes in this
behaviour in version 3 that I'm not aware of.