have question

Haneef Bashir darkfena313 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 16:09:19 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 4:24 PM, happy singh kilhor <vkilhor at gmail.com> wrote:
> hello
>
> congratulation for the new version.
>
> i have a question about the installation of ubuntu:-
>
> what is the minimum system requirement for Ubuntu 8.10 instalation?
>
> i have a p3 700mhzs 252 ram and 20gb hdd.Is it possible to install the new
> version of ubuntu on it?and if not which version will do fine on my machine.
>
> waiting for your reply
in my opinion the new ubuntu might be too bloated for your comp and
would run slow. i have i similar machine that i had to uninstall
xubuntu and install puppy to get back some performance. you can also
try debian. also as some one requested to me you can turn off some of
the apps that hog a lot of resources and that should make it run
smoother.