Ubuntu on a stick

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Tue Dec 16 19:56:20 UTC 2008

[Charlie, sorry to attach to your reply but quote Karl, I have killfiled
him. I won't do it again.]

> On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 08:39:00 -0700
> "Karl F. Larsen" <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > You assume if I ask no question
> > the email is worthless. To you I ask? Are you so smart the use of a
> > USB memory stick to load Ubuntu is trivial?

To Karl: it's pretty trivial in Ubuntu 8.10. Go to System ->
Administration -> Create a USB startup disk. (To the best of my
knowledge this is installed by default - ubuntu-desktop depends on this
package, usb-creator).

I haven't used UNetbootin and judging from the website it is more
powerful, but that is not needed to put a LiveCD onto a stick, as you
wrote.