openoffice menus show as lines and dialog boxes are blank

dwain dwain.alford at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 08:25:01 UTC 2008

both the ubuntu 2.4 version and the package that i downloaded and installed
from openoffice.org (v 3.0.0) give me lines for menu titles and when i drop
them down i get lines or maybe an icon in a blank box.  the font box is
blank as well.  all of my dialogue boxes are blank with lines or maybe an
icon.  buttons have lines too.

if this subject has been discussed before and fixed would someone point me
to the link that gives the fix to the problem?

cheers,
dwain

--
"Fear of the devil is one way of doubting God.  " - Kahlil Gibran