Learning tricks with Gmail

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 00:59:11 UTC 2008

Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> "Chris Mohler" <cr33dog at gmail.com>  said:
>
>> Of course, since you have never taken friendly (or not-so-friendly)
>> advice before, I don't think you're going to stop - so could you at
>> least try to be *civil*?    Steve has a valid point - you often post
>> things here that have *nothing* do do with Ubuntu.
>>
>> Chris
>>

> Instead of just friendly or not-so-friendly advice how about an option?
>
> I'm guilty enough of an occasional off-topic post but may I still
> suggest that you, Karl, at least consider posting  subjects that don't
> strictly apply to technical support of Ubuntu to the sounder list
> instead of here?
>
> sounder at lists.ubuntu.com
>
> Here's a quote from the site:
> "sounder -- Ubuntu community random chit-chat list
>
> About sounder
> English (USA)
>
> Anything goes Ubuntu community chit-chat and discussion list"
>
> Personally I'd like to see more traffic on that list as I'm sure there
> are those around here who would not mind different topics of posts from
> Ubuntu users but they really don't belong here.
>
> (posted to both tech-sup and chitchat, replies directed to
> chitchat (sounder))
>
> Cybe R. Wizard

    Why don't all of you observe I am using Ubuntu and my comments are
directed to people like myself who decided to try Gmail as an SMTP
server. Now for you who have not a guess what SMTP server means, I can't
explain it well. But they do have one I use.

    Those who have told me I am full of shit are those who have used
these things a long time. They feel it is trivial. Fine, shut up and let
it go through since is is through.

    You all should observe I have USED computers for many years. I am
not a computer expert. The field my PHd. is in is Electrical Engineering
and my company did things that needed computers. In 1995 I sold the
company for many millions of dollars. My wife and I and our 2 children
now having children enjoy the money I made.

    Today several of you have told me I am stupid and should shut up.
Please look within yourselves.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI