ssh localhost without passphrase

John Hubbard ender8282 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 18:41:41 UTC 2008

Chaman Singh Verma wrote:
> Hello,
>
> From the root window, I can do ssh localhost, but after that it ask
> for passphrase. How can I disallow passphrase recursively ?
>
> May be the following  output will clarify my doubt.
>
> csv610 at blackhole:~$ ssh localhost
> Linux blackhole 2.6.27-9-generic #1 SMP Thu Nov 20 22:15:32 UTC 2008
> x86_64
>
> The programs included with the Ubuntu system are free software;
> the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
> individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.
>
> Ubuntu comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by
> applicable law.
>
> To access official Ubuntu documentation, please visit:
> http://help.ubuntu.com/
> Last login: Thu Dec 11 23:42:08 2008 from localhost
> csv610 at blackhole:~$ ssh localhost
> Enter passphrase for key '/home/csv610/.ssh/id_rsa':
>

> Thanks.
> csv

I think that you want to follow these instructions [1] so that you can
log in via ssh without password prompt.  It looks like you might have
done some of this already.  Let me know if this doesn't solve your
problem.

[1] http://linuxproblem.org/art_9.html

--
-john

                2b || !2b
(0b10)*(0b1100010) || !(0b10)*(0b1100010)
        0b11000100 || !0b11000100
        0b11000100 || 0b00111011
               0b11111111
        255, that is the answer.