Can't Navigate My LAN Or Ping

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 10 23:34:51 UTC 2008

--- On Wed, 12/10/08, Erik Christiansen <dvalin at internode.on.net> wrote:

> From: Erik Christiansen <dvalin at internode.on.net>
> Subject: Re: Can't Navigate My LAN Or Ping
> To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Date: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 1:08 AM
> On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 03:22:39PM -0800, NoOp wrote:
> > On 12/09/2008 02:58 PM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> > > If I install anything in that line it will be
> wicd as I've had
> > > it with nm and may never use it again.
> >
> > NM works ok in Gutsy & Hardy. I only had issues
> with it with Intrepid
> > using fixed IP's as it kept overwriting my
> resolve.conf file.
>
> Sometimes works in Gutsy & Hardy, maybe? It stuffed me
> up from
> installation, until I removed it, soon after I found it was
> repeatedly
> overwriting my resolve.conf settings.
>
> Erik

Your experience with gutsy is very similar with mine although
not initially.  I just installed hardy on the old gutsy maching
and things seems much better except for a botched fresh
install that had tobe repeated in rescue mode but finally finished.
I may have a HDD going bad also and it will be the first one
ever having had some very old machines that never went bad.
In my case it overwrote interfaces and resolv.conf.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net