Selling Linux to Windows Users

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Wed Dec 10 14:58:13 UTC 2008

Dotan Cohen wrote:

>> 6 Desktop cut and paste history
>
> Do you mean Klipper? I do not use that, but I could see where some
> people would find it useful.

I only reluctantly switched my wife to KDE from Windows, and now she's
come in to help at one of my client's sites where she's using Windows.
The lack of klipper in Windows is driving her nuts!

>> 7 Install new software without paying
>
> Is Firefox not available for Windows any more?
>
>> 8 Install new software by typing one line.
>
> Some people prefer to click their way to software installation. But I
> give you this one!

Fine - and you can do that too, much more easily than in Windows (or for
that matter in most other Linux distros).

>> 12 Lock my kid out of all the spots and programs that I want him
>> locked out of.
>
> Windows does this.

And in any case, I don't believe you can really lock your kids out :-)
It just forces them to be cleverer.

>> 14 Run a server, desktop and email server all on the same system for
>> free.
>
> Most Windows computers do this. Where do you think all your spam is
> comming from?

LOL.  I was doing all of that in Windows years ago, I agree.

--
derek