Video Projector

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Wed Dec 10 14:34:33 UTC 2008

Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am just about to purchase a video projector and I have to admit I
> can see no reason why a video projector wouldn't work with Ubuntu...
> but just in case has anybody had any experienced of running a Ubuntu
> set-up and a video projector. Has anybody any thoughts on what
> projector to buy. I was looking at this:
> <http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-VPL-ES5-Video-Projector/dp/B0016623T8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1228834776&sr=8-1>
>
> Thanks.

This is nothing related to Linux, but unless my budget was *very* tight,
I wouldn't buy another 800x600 resolution projector.. that's just too
small for most modern desktops.  (And troublesome when people create PP
presentations on a larger screen only to find their text gets re-flowed
on the smaller screen.)  Suggest looking for a 1024x768 minimum.