how to rename, copy file from one location to another

dwain dwain.alford at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 11:10:18 UTC 2008

i am beginning a notebook on how to do things in ubuntu.  i would
appreciate some help.

i need to rename a directory and copy another directory within my
/home.  i am also copying my thunderbird profile from the windows
version into the tbird directory.  i have the path where to copy.

remember, i'm a babe lost in the woods when it comes to the command
line.  i also need to do this from root?

would someone show me how to do this, so i can add the code to my notebook?

cheers,
dwain

--
"Fear of the devil is one way of doubting God.  " - Kahlil Gibran