Pay it forward - 'Giving' Ubuntu to Windows Users

steve sfreilly at roadrunner.com
Wed Dec 10 01:36:34 UTC 2008

NoOp wrote:

> This year I've two "Santa" systems restored from the recycle bin: a
> 1.8Ghz/768Mb w/dual 40GB drives, and a 2.4Ghz/512Mb w/dual 40GB drives
> that are cleaned, primed, tested, and ready for wrapping. One even
> includes my old, but very good 17' Hitachi 641 monitor with it as my
> wife found me a used Dell 1800fp 18' for $50 (that's my Xmas present
> :-). While the Hitachi is only 17' (15.5' viewable), it's .24dpi is
> professional quality and very easy on old eyes.
>   Both will include 6 months free tech support.

what a great idea gary!  it just so happens that the new box Im building
for my youngest boy for christmas will leave a perfectly capable msi
mobo, sempron powered box that he plans on helping me wipe clean and
install mythbuntu on for one of his buddies.   you wouldnt believe his
friends stand in amazement when I show off our ubuntu/mythtv box we have
in the living room pumping all its power to a 42" lcd.  Apparently we're
the "cool" house on the block.

--
Steve Reilly

http://reillyblog.com