replacing filenames with mp3 tag program recommendation

Johan Sandberg sampan at dkss.org
Tue Dec 9 14:36:21 UTC 2008

Noah wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have a series of files called 'Track xx.mp3' - where xx is 01, 02, 03
> and so on. I see that most of these files have the proper artist and
> song title in the mp3 tag information. Is there a program that can go
> through these files, capture at the mp3 tag information, and replace the
> file name with the artist and song title?  I'd prefer if the program is
> command line based.
>
> Thanks for any recommendations in advance.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Noah

I think that EasyTAG is an excellent tool for tasks like the one you
describe. Practically anything that has something to do with filenaming
and tags can be done with EasyTAG.

If you find the interface somewhat confusing in the beginning - don't
give up... When you grasp the idea of it you will probably find it very
handy. At least I do.
Cheers,
/J