Defragging Windows

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 13:26:37 UTC 2008

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 2:49 PM, Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knugum at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/12/5 R.H. Nye <rhnye at sympatico.ca>
>>
>> I've done it several times with no apparent problems.
>
> Why do you write this to an Ubuntu list? Ubuntu users don't need defrag. As
> far as I know, ONLY Windows users need thatkind of thing. So if it works
> fine or not, it would still be wasted time on a Linux system.

He's talking about defragging NTFS partitions which have Linux
installed on them via WUBI. In this situation, defragging the NTFS
partition would indeed reduce fragmentation of the Linux installation,
providing it was fragmented in the first place of course.

--
Steve

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0