problem in RAID1 + lvm in ubuntu 8.04...

Lalatendu Das lalatdas at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 19:16:25 UTC 2008

Hello All,
This is regarding a trouble faced during RAID1 and LVM configuration
in Hardy heron.

I have a system with 3 SCSI disk 16GB and two 73 GB. I have installed
OS in 16 GB disk. named /dev/sda.

Then I have created two partitions in both the spare disks with 45 GB
and 28GB respectively So the disk have /dev/sdb1 and /dev/sdb2 as 45
and 28GB partitions. similalry/dev/sdc1 and /dev/sdc2 in the other one

Then I have configured RAID 1 using /dev/sdb1 and /dev/sdc1 (both 45GB
partitions). i have used "mdadm --create...." then "mdadm --manage
add...." commands.
The RAID1 array configured successfully creating /dev/md0.

Then I have configured LVM using /dev/md0, /dev/sdb2 and /dev/sdc2
partitions and then created logical volumes in it.I have used
"pvcreate", "vgcreate" then "lvcreate" commands to do the same.
Finally I have created file system in them using mkfs.ext3 command.
Eventually mounted them in the root file system's certain mount
points.
After mounting and executing df -kh, it is found to be working fine
and the mounted file system showing exact size of which i have created
a logical volume.
But once I start copying data to the mounted file system  after
filling up  nearly 1 GB it is saying "no space left in device" where
as there are enough space free in it.

I am using  ubuntu 8.04. Please help me... and let me know if any more
statistics or information is required.

--
lalatendu das