What the users really need (Was An alternative to Exchange)

Richard Brown rich at cregy.co.uk
Fri Dec 5 07:54:28 UTC 2008

Dear Sandy

2008/12/5 Sandy Harris <sandyinchina at gmail.com>:

> Have a look at Mitel's SME, Small & Medium Enterprise server
> http://wiki.contribs.org/Main_Page
> http://aplawrence.com/esmith.html
>
> That's a LInux distro designed to do much of what you mention.
> At least mail (using qmail), print server, and Samba file sharing.
> Design goal is internal server for an office.

Thanks for that. It does look good. A couple of things, firstly, I was
bothered by this comment:
"I no longer sell the fee based version. It was an excellent product,
but Mitel has not updated it recently so I no longer recommend it or
sell it."
What is your take on that please? Is the distro still being developed please?

Secondly, if I was to take the hosting online rather than locally
would that make a difference in terms of distro/applications please?
--
Kind regards
Rich