where to find libexpat

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 23:31:48 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Paul Greenberg <pag101 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I would like to install "libexpat.so.0" on a 64 bit system running Ubuntu 8.10
>
> Where would I find this and how would I install it - or find the
> directions to do both?

Hmm - looks like 8.10 is using a later version:
cr33 at vostro15k:~/Desktop$ aptitude search libexpat
v   libexpat-dev                    -
p   libexpat-ocaml                  - OCaml expat bindings
p   libexpat-ocaml-dev              - OCaml expat bindings
i   libexpat1                       - XML parsing C library - runtime library
i A libexpat1-dev                   - XML parsing C library - development kit
cr33 at vostro15k:~/Desktop$ dpkg -L libexpat1
/.
/usr
/usr/lib
/usr/lib/libexpat.so.1.5.2
/usr/lib/libexpatw.so.1.5.2
/usr/share
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/libexpat1
/usr/share/doc/libexpat1/copyright
/usr/share/doc/libexpat1/changelog.gz
/usr/share/doc/libexpat1/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/lib/libexpat.so.1
/usr/lib/libexpatw.so.1

Why do you need that particular version - are you compiling something?

Chris