BRO MFC-490CW Drivers Issue Again

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 3 17:13:20 UTC 2008

--- On Wed, 12/3/08, Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic at dantian.org> wrote:

> From: Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic at dantian.org>
> Subject: Re: BRO MFC-490CW Drivers Issue Again
> To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 1:49 AM
> On Tue, 2008-12-02 at 21:38 -0800, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> > Mario and Derek came down pretty hard on this and
> largely because I
> > said Brother was an excellent linux, or great linux,
> supporter and
> > they made their points.
>
> No we corrected you (and over the course of the discussion
> became a bit
> upset IIRC) because you called Brother's practices
> "the best linux
> support" or "fantastic linux support" or
> something, which it just is
> not. For the reasons for why it is not, please see my other
> post in this
> thread.

Yep, i forget just what I said too; I think it was great. I still think Brother has good linux support for the users because they respond promp[tly and helpfully to users questions and provides workable solutions for the user. Go try to get that from Canon, Epson or HP. I have and was disappointed but not with Brother. That's all I ment by my previous statement. BTW, You weren't the one who upset me and I think you know that.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net