VirtualBox networking issue on intrepid

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 15:49:15 UTC 2008

My laptop is set up for dhcp with a wired connection to the local network.

VirtualBox is installed on the laptop using NAT networking and it works.

If I take the laptop to another location, and use the wireless to connect to
another network and establish a connection using dhcp, I get an ipnumber in
a different subnet. Networking works fine on the laptop but not from within
the virtualbox virtual machine (Windows 2000).  If I take the laptop back to
the original location and plug back into the wired network everything works
againfrom both the intrepid host os  and from within virtualbox  guest.

Obviously something needs to be reset when I move, but so far nothing I've
tried works.

I did not have this problem on hardy.

--
Drew Einhorn