Is there Autorun on Ubuntu?

Ray Parrish crp at cmc.net
Tue Dec 2 05:07:25 UTC 2008

NoOp wrote:
> On 12/01/2008 12:43 PM, Ray Parrish wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was just reading the following article on ZDNet -
>>
>> <http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2235&tag=nl.e550>
>>
>> Now it has me wondering if Ubuntu ever autostarts programs on removable
>> media sources?
>>

> Nautilus - Preferences|Media|Software|Open Autorun Prompt.
>
> You can (and should) change it to "Ask what to do".

Thank you both for your answers. I was hoping to hear something like you
told me. I tried a music CD that I created in Windows from mp3s which
were converted to audio files,, and it did not open Rythmbox Music
Player as it is set to do on the Media tab.

Is there some way to add other programs to the selections in there? I'd
like to set audio CDs to be played in Amarok, but it isn't on the
selection list.

Later, Ray Parrish

Trouble shooting and Fixing Windows