Wireless issues, but oddly the opposite of what you normally hear....

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 00:20:05 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 11:21 PM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:

>    This whole thing is a bag of worms. It has gone on enough! This guy
> has ZERO WiFi problems. If there is no secret word his laptop works fine
> both Linux and Windows.

Secret word? You mean Wireless Encryption Key or Public Shared Key?

The issue was that I couldn't see the AP when it was broadcasting on
ch13.. Linux could but failed to authenticate with the correct key,
Windows completely failed to detect the AP. That sounds like a
wireless issue to me, especially given that when nothing else changed
apart from the router moving to a new Channel, everything started
working.

--
Steve

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0