Wireless issues, but oddly the opposite of what you normally hear....

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 22:09:59 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 10:07 PM, Steve Flynn <anothermindbomb at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 7:34 PM, Derek Broughton <news at pointerstop.ca> wrote:
>> Steve Flynn wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone got any clues? I note that the AP is broadcasting (no hidden
>>> SSID) on channel 13 - anyone else had issues along these lines? I have
>>> to admit, it's got me stumped unless there's some restriction in
>>> Microsoft Operating systems about the channel number... that's the
>>> only thing I can think of to be honest...
>>
>> There _should_ be limits, given that it's an illegal channel in the
>> US...

I should also point out that I mention the Ch 13 info as I knew it was
illegal in certain areas but to my knowledge it was ok in the UK. I'm
now wondering whether Vista has a bug in that it own't see a Ch 13
router despite being configured up to be in "London".  I'm also
wondering whether there is a similar subtle bug in the linux wireless
drivers for my hardware in seeing the AP but not being able to
authenticate.

Then again, maybe it's the router being a funny bugger and not playing
fair on Ch 13.

--
Steve

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0