Wireless issues, but oddly the opposite of what you normallyhear....

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Mon Dec 1 17:48:45 UTC 2008

Karl F. Larsen wrote:

>     Your Bed and Breakfast place has a bad router. You can't do a thing
> about that. Expect free Internet to be buggy :-)
>

> Karl

A bad router?  REALLY?  Not bloody likely.  I'm curious about this.  Not
that I have a problem like this, but just because it's odd.  Channel 13
is a little weird though.  My router only goes to 11 (I checked just for
giggles).  I wonder if that's got something to do with it.

This is where tcpdump is your friend, dumping the packets being being
passed between your card and the router would help nail this down in a
hurry.

quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support