Borked MD RAID...

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 00:55:21 UTC 2008

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 5:36 PM, Eitan Tsur <eitan.tsur at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just recently installed a 3-disk RAID5 array in a server of mine, running
> FC9. Upon reboot, one of the drives drops out, and is allocated as a spare.
> I suspect there is some sort of issue where DBUS re-arranges the
> drive-to-device maps between boots

I think that's the wrong tree.  mdadm figures that stuff out, and it's
based on a chunk of metadata it sticks in the partition table.  e.g.
you can pull an array out of one box and the next box will recognize
it.

That being said, I don't know how to tell you to proceed other than
looking closely at the dmesg and log info for clues.

Brian