Google Earth

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Aug 31 17:03:16 UTC 2008

David Fox wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 9:06 AM, Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:
>

>>    My Ubuntu is plain 32 bit and it works great. I just have trouble
>> with added software.
>>

> I see. I had trouble as well getting googleearth installed correctly,
> but I found that I had best success installing the package from
> medibuntu rather than directly from google. I also noted (apart from
> the need for the 32-bit dns library) that installing googleearth may
> result in incorrect permissions on googleearth's files - such that at
> least initially I had to run googleearth as root in order to get it to
> connect and display properly. After fixing that second issue, it's
> been running fine.
>

>> Karl

    Yes the starter program on Desktop came out owned by root. It had a
padlock showing. I thought for some time how to fix that and then it hit
me! In a terminal I wrote $ sudo chown karl
/home/karl/Desktop/Googleearth and bam! It changed into a round Earth
looking thing. Alas it doesn't work :-)

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI