Google Earth

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 31 15:41:13 UTC 2008

On 08/31/2008 04:37 AM, Karl Larsen wrote:

>     Thanks I did the check and got this:
>
> karl at karl-hardy:~$ glxinfo | grep 'direct rendering'
> direct rendering: Yes
>
>     So that is not the problem. And nVidia seems to be working just fine
> now. I have the simplest Gnome window. A more active window causes my
> video chip on the motherboard to over-heat :-)
>
> Karl

Buy an aftermarket fan. Seriously; they are cheap and easy to install &
it will save you from burning up the card.

For your GE problem:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=google+earth+%2Blinux+%2Bblack+screen
http://earth.google.com/support/
http://earth.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=20717&topic=13331
Sounds like you are not connecting to the GE servers.