Rutebook

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Aug 31 11:24:46 UTC 2008

Greg wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 09:09 +0800, lu wrote:
>

>> how to open the book download from the synaptic use the terminal ?
>>

> There may be several ways to open the rutebook package but the way I
> managed to open it was to search for it in the file browser then
> decompress the PDF version (rute.pdf.gz) to my desktop for easy viewing.

    I have been using the html version which is fine as well. But this
morning I did this:

In a terminal write $ cp /usr/share/doc/rutebook/rute.pdf.gz
/home/karl/Desktop/ and it did. Then I just double click the rute.pdf.gz
and it comes up in the Evince viewer window. This seems to be the very
simplest way.

    Of course use the the proper /home/name for your computer :-)

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User