ssh no password problem

Adel ESSAFI adel.safi at imag.fr
Sun Aug 31 09:47:05 UTC 2008

Hi,
I have done the modification you suggested , but still the some message :(

oar at lion:~$ ssh localhost
Enter passphrase for key '/home/oar/.ssh/id_dsa':
Enter passphrase for key '/home/oar/.ssh/id_dsa':

What are other reasons that can causes that!
reagards
Adel

2008/8/31 Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic at dantian.org>

> On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 10:52 +0200, Adel ESSAFI wrote:
> > Hi list
> > I want to make ssh login with no paasword on my machine (to install a
> > tool taht need that kind of authentification).
> > I have generated the public key and added it at the end the
> > file .ssh/authorizek_keys as show bellow. however, when I do ssh
> > localhost, the password of the public key is promped. Can you help
> > please.
> > Regards
> > Adel
> <snip>
> > oar at lion:~/.ssh$ chmod 640 authorized_keys2
>
> Hmmm, the Server Guide recommends 644 permissions:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/8.04/serverguide/C/openssh-server.html
>
> Though I don't know why this would make a difference in this case, I
> assume the program for which you need the key auth is run with the
> credentials of oar at lion anyway.
>
> Did you set "PubkeyAuthentication yes" in /etc/ssh/sshd_config?
>
> Did you restart sshd after making changes in /etc/ssh/sshd_config? To
> restart, issue "sudo /etc/init.d/ssh restart" on the command line.

PhD candidate in Computer Science
Address
BP 108, Bureau de poste Tunis republique
1001 Tunis
Tunisia
tel: +216 97 246 706
fax: +216 71 391 166