install 2.6.27 kernel for testing?

Richard Mancusi vrman49 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 01:38:32 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 11:39 AM, (``-_-´´) -- Fernando
<ubuntu at bugabundo.net> wrote:
> Olá James e a todos.
>
> On Saturday 30 August 2008 12:43:52 James Collier wrote:
>> Hi Colin,
>>
>> >At this point, it may just be easier to wait for the alpha LiveCD, but I'd
>> >be curious to know the answers to the above.
>>
>> The Alpha 4 LiveCD is available now!
>> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/intrepid/alpha-4/
>
> alpha 4 doesnt ave 2.6.27. only dailies or alpha 5, due next week.
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/

I am running Alpha-4 and at boot it DOES show 2 flavors of .27:

Ubuntu intrepid (development branch), kernel 2.6.27-2-generic
and
Ubuntu intrepid (development branch), kernel 2.6.27-1-generic

They both came in on "regular" updates - I didn't do anything
special.  Perhaps it's because my "Software Sources" is set for
darn near everything - proposed, backports, etc.  Although I
wouldn't run a main system this way, it doesn't make any sense
to not have those sources on a test system.  Why test anything
but the latest?  That could cause you to file bug reports against
fixed bugs and waste everyones time.