Nautilus: fails to connect to FTP server without explanation: how to debug ?!

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Fri Aug 29 18:54:59 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am trying to connect to an FTP server with Nautilus.

I have all the correct information to do it: server address, login and
password. Furthermore, I can connect just fine using dedicated FTP
programs like gFTP, or even simply a web browser (Epiphany).
But Nautilus gives me an error message saying it failed to connect to
the host... I tried starting Nautilus from the command line, but it
doens't print any error (or else) message following the failure to
connect. Looked at the Nautiluse man page, hoping there would be somw
swithches to enable debugging info to be printed, but no such option is
available sadly...

Any idea ?

Regards,

--
Vince, tryign hard to like FTP-ing with Nautilus, but having a hard
time ;-)