Grub boot confusion

Keith Clark keithclark at k-wbookworm.com
Thu Aug 28 20:28:19 UTC 2008

On my system, Ubuntu seems to have been updating just fine, but it was
modifying the wrong menu.lst grub file, as my computer was booting from
another drive.

I finally discovered the problem and changed the boot order in my BIOS.
I was booting to kernal 2.6.24-16-generic.  Now I'm booting to kernal
2.6.24-19-386.

Many problems are happening now.  My video is not running correctly.  It
used to be really fast and responsive with Compiz and now it just
crawls.  My sound card is no longer installed correctly and I'm sure
there is more that I've not found out yet.

Any ways to correct these?

Keith