Gutsy => Hardy -15 Kernel Fixed

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 28 03:18:48 UTC 2008

For any of you that have been holding off upgrading from Gutsy to Hardy
due to the -15 kernel bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.22/+bug/249340

it's fixed. I upgraded my main work horse yesterday from the -15 kernel
and it went without a hitch (pun intended). The only problems that I've
noticed is the fonts are now fat & ugly (working on that), and the
desktop icon launchers for VirtualBox no longer work - works from
Applications|System Tools without a problem, but I cannot get them to
work from the desktop icon (error is: "Details: Failed to change to
directory '' (No such file or directory)" & doesn't matter if I put a
new icon on the desktop or even put the full path to VB in the command.

Added way OT note: for those that complain about uninstalling/installing
Ubuntu; I've also been working on eradicating Novell Client and ZENWorks
Desktop Manager from a new (out of the recycle trash pile) WinXPPro
system and simply cannot figure out how uninstall the crap. Only took me
15 minutes to crack/change the SAM passwords, but 12 hours and I still
can't get this one back to a standard XP system...