Ubuntu Password Problem

Jim Rosser jarosser06 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 21:38:08 UTC 2008

I personally do not know how to get in without a password but someone else
may, Ubuntu should work with the password that you set it up with.  That
being said you might try turning caps lock on or off as you might have
accidentally enabled it when you were setting the password.  If all else
fails since you have not yet added anything to the install you might just
reinstall Ubuntu, and just i guess make sure you know what password you are
typing in.  If you like the KISS principle then i think you would enjoy
using Ubuntu as it is very simple to use, and im sorry that you have a
bitter taste in your mouth so soon but Ubuntu will allow you in with the
right password and user name.  Just an FYI this mailing list is not official
everyone attached to it are volunteers.

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 6:59 PM, <mrcy at military.com> wrote:

>  I tried to put 8.4 Ubuntu on a blank drive- 250 G'. I got through all the
> set up including the drive partiton
> that I had not done before. When it came to getting into the system, I came
> to a screaming halt.
>
> The password box would not accept my password, or any word I tried to use.
> I went to some existing help sites, both sponsered by you and some not, but
> none of them had any specific information. I tried a few ideas possed by
> some sites but to no avail.
>
> Now my problem is, I can`t get into the system. The password box does not
> want to work.
> One site I went to said I didn`t set my password. If that is the problem, I
> need some one to explain this procedure to me because I have not had to do
> it before this and I don`t know what you mean.
>
> I`m a 72 year old illiterate retired military man who had to quit a coushy
> job as manager of an exclusive country club because my back gave way on me
> and I had to have extensive back
> operation that has left me able to do little. I can sit in front of a
> computer and become tired
> of Microsoft and all of its posseive ways. And I wouldn`t touch Vista with
> your hands.
>
> I would love to get into Ubuntu and more open source. I use Firefox and any
> other open source
> programs that will work on my XP computer But now I have a bitter taste in
> my mouth because
> Ubuntu will not accept any password to get me into the system.
>
> What corrective actions do you people have? Remember, I`m an ex soldier and
> people`s XXX
> kisser. I don`t know computers will enough to write script or refigure the
> bios. All my life I have lived by the KISS principle - keep it simple,
> stupid.
> Thank you in advance for your help,
> Respectfully.
>
> mrcy at military.com