Xubuntu & WPA

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 27 02:41:51 UTC 2008

On 08/26/2008 06:59 PM, Devon Harding wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 9:29 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net
> <mailto:glgxg at sbcglobal.net>> wrote:
>
>     On 08/26/2008 06:10 PM, Devon Harding wrote:
>
>     >
>     > I do have wpa_supplicant installed & now that I'm looking at it, its
>     > also an issue with WEP (hidden SSID).  It will not connect either.
>      When
>     > I run iwconfig, it shows two adapters, wifi0 & wlan0.
>     >
>     > btw, I'm using an Intersil Prisim 2.5 Mini-PCI card.  The driver is
>     > hostap_pci.  I also tried WCID and got the same connection issue.
>     >
>     > -Devon
>     >
>     >
>     >

>     There are issues with hidden SSID's. I can't recall the exact bug
>     reports just now, but if you search launchpad you are sure to find them.
>

> How can I tell what driver version I'm using?  My only option is to go
> back to FC9, but its gonna be a bit slow.
>
> -Devon

No clue as I don't have one, but you might have a look through these:
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bugs?field.searchtext=Intersil&orderby=-importance&search=Search&field.status%3Alist=NEW&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITH_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=INCOMPLETE_WITHOUT_RESPONSE&field.status%3Alist=CONFIRMED&field.status%3Alist=TRIAGED&field.status%3Alist=INPROGRESS&field.status%3Alist=FIXCOMMITTED&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=&field.omit_dupes=on&field.has_patch=&field.has_no_package=>

<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ubuntu+%2Bhardy+%2B%22Intersil%22+%2Bwpa&btnG=Search>
This forum thread is very recent:
http://ge.ubuntuforums.com/showthread.php?t=888879
but seems to show WPA not working.

I see that it didn't work on FC9 for you either?
<https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=60704&forum=10&post_id=284963>

Here's a WAG; go to network manager (System|Administration|Network) and
try setting in roaming mode. Don't know why, but that seems to work in
some cases.