Web Design

Michael "TheZorch" Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 02:19:05 UTC 2008

Derek Broughton wrote:
>> IF you mean without learning HTML, I'm not aware of a package similar to
>> FrontPage (which produces the most atrocious HTML ever seen, by the
>> way).
>>

> OpenOffice can probably compete with FrontPage for "most atrocious".

Agreed.  Used to use FrontPage once and its code was horrible.  I tried
Word at one time and then OpenOffice.  They can both do HTML but neither
gave the design freedom you get from Dreamweaver or another programed I
loved to use on Windows called NetObjects Fusion.
>> You may want to look into a Content Management System like
>> Drupal (drupal.org) or Joomla which allows you to manage and edit web
>> pages without having to know too much.
>>

> It's a lousy way to create a _page_, but good for an entire site.  But you
> missed Plone.

True, those options are ok if you want to build a website and you have
access  to your own web server, but if you are uploading HTML to a free
hosting site then you want your own standalone web design application.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch at gmail.com
http://thezorch.googlepages.com/home