Wireless works, but no route to host

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Mon Aug 25 09:36:42 UTC 2008

oneman wrote:
> On 23-aug-2008, at 22:44, oneman wrote:
> I've made a dump with wireshark, it can be found at http://
> webdisk.onemanifest.net/temp/wireshark_dump.pcap

Could you do the same dump again with the DHCP negotiation included?

> It seems the inteface is connected, it sees network communication
> from others. But it keeps doing ARP requests for the location of the
> router at 192.168.1.1. I don't understand why it can't get an answer
> since no other device on this network ahs any issues with the router.

Except there are 2 HTTPS frames from the router to the laptop but no reply
from the laptop to the router. I'm not sure if there should be such a
reply though. Is the router config page in HTTPS and these are remains
from the previous attempt to reach that page? Anyway, the problem of not
getting an ARP reply from the router is quite strange. Do you see
something similar on the other laptop which works on the wireless port?

As far as I understand it, there are 3 ways to handle Broadcom chipsets (I
don't have Broadcom hardware). The b43 and bcm43xx kernel drivers and
ndiswrapper with the Windwos XP driver. Maybe you should try one of the
ways to access your wireless port.

Nils