how to verify installation?

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Fri Aug 22 11:20:48 UTC 2008

Robert Holtzman wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Aug 2008, Karl Larsen wrote:
>

>> Randall J. Parr wrote:
>>
>>> I have a Ubuntu hardy system which appears to have developed some bad
>>> blocks and/or file corruption on an SATA drive.
>>>

>>    You have a SATA Hard Drive that is bad.
>>

> Why?

    I have never lost a single file or had bad blocks on any of my hard
drives. Your going to say it could be that  the file system is just
bad.  I use ext3 and have never had a bad block ever.

     This guy wants to find out how many files are lost. One file is
enough for me to declare a hard drive bad.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User