how to verify installation?

Randall J. Parr RParr at TemporalArts.COM
Thu Aug 21 21:00:24 UTC 2008

I have a Ubuntu hardy system which appears to have developed some bad
blocks and/or file corruption on an SATA drive.

I have used fsck to fix the problem but it found a couple files with
multiply-chained blocks.

Now the disk is running fine but I am concerned a have a couple bad
and/or missing files.

On an RPM based system I can verify the installation against the package
files and find out which files are missing or different than in the rpm
file.

How do I do the equivalent verification (or something similar) on a
Debian/Ubuntu deb based system?

Thanks
R.Parr, RHCE, Temporal Arts
Portland, OR U.S.A.