[ubuntu] Re: [OT] flashing mobo bios failed...

Steve! steve at timerider.co.uk
Thu Aug 21 10:42:01 UTC 2008

Most BIOS have a recovery feature that will look for a file with an image
from a floppy disc on boot. Usually during this time, there will be no image
on the screen, and nothing to tell you it is going, so best to leave it for
a while. Mail me more info, or use google, the info IS out there, and DOES
work :) Some boards will even look for an image from USB pendrive these days
too.

It also depends on which area of the BIOS was flashed. All is not lost
though, you have a good chance of bringing the board back to life without
messing changing BIOS chips etc :)

Have you tried physically removing power from the board and then reset CMOS
via jumpers? I had a difficult time a few years ago, where a BIOS supposedly
was successful but would not boot until the above 2 procedures took place.

Without more info on the motherboard, it is difficult to give more advice.

Steve!