[lde4.1}Desk top missing

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 21 03:12:10 UTC 2008

--- Bart Silverstrim <bsilver at chrononomicon.com>
wrote:

> Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
>
> > Hey Bart,
> > Not sure about how to do this.  What I did was to
> > launch openoffice.org and a document from my
> Documents
> > folder and "save as" it to the Desktop in my old
> home.
> >  It did not copy to the GUI Desktop or file system
> > Desktop as shown by ls -alh. I haven't yet
> reviewed
> > all your replies but will to see if you had more
> > specific suggestions.  I think you did.
>
> If it's saved to your old user's desktop, it would
> be in
> "/home/oldusername/Desktop".

This is how I did it; in my old users login. APM, I
used oo.O and save as to save a file to
/home/oldusername/Desktop.  No outputed errors but the
file didn't show up on the GUI Desktop on in the
/home/oldusername/Desktop folder as read from konsole
using ls -al or ls -alh. FWIW, I've even downloaded
programs from the internet to my desktop and they
don't show up.  Really got me baffleloed. -:)