gnome keyring manager missing

Kennneth P. Turvey kt-usenet at squeakydolphin.com
Thu Aug 21 02:19:07 UTC 2008

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:14:27 -0400, Alex Janssen wrote:

> Alex Janssen said the following on 08/18/2008 11:08 PM:
>> What happened to this package.  I'd have sworn I had it installed prior
>> to 8.04.  It's not available from the repository. When my laptop comes
>> out of sleep, I am prompted for the keyring password before it will
>> reconnect via wireless. If I just reboot, it connects without the
>> prompt. I looked in the archives at nabble.
>> http://www.nabble.com/8.04-networking-seems-awfully-broken.-
to18627494.html#a18634877
>>   speaks of wicd.  Is that better than Network Manager?  Does that
>>   solve
>> the keyring password manager problem?
>>
>> Alex
>>

> I guess no one's got any input on or interest in this.  I'm trying wicd.
>  For what it's worth I'll post the results of my trial back here.

I noticed this too.  I used to be able to manipulate the keyring
directly, but under Hardy, I don't see how to do this.

--
Kenneth P. Turvey <kt-usenet at squeakydolphin.com>
http://www.electricsenator.net

  Over grown military establishments are under any form of government
  inauspicious to liberty, and are to be regarded as particularly
  hostile to republican liberty.  -- George Washington