Trouble installing ubuntu 8.04 on t30 thinkpad

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 20 17:17:08 UTC 2008

 Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net

----- Original Message ----

Well Jonathon, just what  is your stock dvd rom drive anyway? You didn't
give enough enough info for the list to really give help.
Did you check md5sum on your downloaded iso file against the listed md5sum on the download site? Did you verify the iso disk you burned?  You could google for your stock dvd rom driver/module for ubuntu .  You said above that ....and the installation will not proceed.  Usually that means the OS didn't get installed so how did you read the /dev folder.  If you can access the OS and can determine the correct driver for your dvd drive you can add it to /etc/modules or modprobe to get it installed. If you need help with the cli commands then let us know.  HTH.