c:\boot.ini

Owen Townend owen.townend at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 05:45:34 UTC 2008

2008/8/18 Linda Vest Castanos <dcastanos at snowcrest.net>:
> On Mon, 2008-08-18 at 13:26 +1000, Owen Townend wrote:
>>
>> Hey,
>>
>>  While not an Ubuntu question, the answer is simple enough:
>>  Not only do you need show hidden files, but there's a separate
>> checkbox in the folder options for showing system files.
>>
>> cheers,
>> Owen.
>>
> c:\boot.ini came up with the discussion of restoring grub.  I'm curious
> to see what it looks like.
> Thank you
> Ubuntu User - with the exception of my scanner and partitioning backup

No worries, glad I could help.

Even without the option checked, you should still be able to open the
file in a program like notepad by simply typing "c:\boot.ini" into the
open dialog instead of navigating to and clicking on the file.

The 'microsoft way' of editing the file is to go through:
Control Panel -> system -> advanced -> Startup and Recovery Settings
-> System Startup -> Edit
This will simply open c:\boot.ini in notepad.

cheers,
Owen.