ubuntu studio

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 17 00:07:15 UTC 2008

On 08/16/2008 04:06 PM, Michael Vogt wrote:
> Hi everybody.
>
> Right now I have installed Ubuntu Desktop on my Lenovo T61p. I have
> seen that there is a Ubuntu Studio. Is it possible to "switch" my
> installation from Desktop to Studio, or is it necessary to make a
> clean install?
>

> Thanks,
> Michael

Start here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio
then here
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/FAQ
and then
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/Installation
  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudio/UpgradingFromHardy

I'm actually doing this as a test & find that if I leave in the
ubuntustudio-desktop, the command asks to remove the ubuntu-desktop. So
I modified the command to read:

sudo aptitude update && sudo aptitude install ubuntustudio-audio
ubuntustudio-audio-plugins ubuntustudio-graphics ubuntustudio-video linux-rt

And it's now downloading 544MB of archives on my test machine. If you'd
like to wait for a several hours I can tell you how the test goes. Note:
I am updating a standard, fairly new & fully up to date Ubuntu 8.04.1
Gnome system.