Screen Resolution

Michael Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 01:49:47 UTC 2008

The biggest problem here is that Ubuntu 7.10 and previous versions
allowed you to manually select what kind of monitor you have from the
same window you changed your screen resolution at, but 8.04 broke this
and now it leaves it up to the drivers to determine what sort of
monitor you have.  This is a step backwards as its been causing nine
kinds of hell for those of us who are noobs to Linux (I'm a returning
semi-noob).  I switched to Kubuntu 8.04 which uses KDE.  I can
manually select my monitor settings right from the same screen
resolution window, but I am disturbed to find to discover that the
KDE4 Remix version of Kubuntu breaks this feature.  This is a serious
problem which the community needs to address quickly.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch at gmail.com
http://thezorch.googlepages.com/home